[ SHOWGSD-L ] Watching little 3 month old Jack go with the NY State trooper tonight for 2 week

  • From: Tindrock1@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 21:42:20 EDT

Well, hello.  I mentioned a couple of days ago that my little Jack was going
off with the state troopers to be part of their canine demonstration at the
great NY STATE Fair for the next 2 weeks.  Well, tonight, up the driveway comes
the marked statie SUV, with his canine dog in the back, and out walks Trooper
Jeff.  Jack goes running out the front door, tail wagging the entire way, to
greet the fully uniformed trooper.  What a sight it was to see this little 3
month old dark puppy with ears fully up go running up to the trooper.  I saw
the
trooper's eyes light right up, and before I knew it he was kneeling to pet
Jack.  So while Jack is being entertained by the trooper, I brought his 2 bags
of food, his case of canned food, and his crate.  I asked the trooper where I
should put the food.  Trooper Jeff says in the front seat.  So I bring the food
up to the front seat, right next to his big shotgun or rifle, whatever they
call it.  In goes the food.  Then I brought out Jack's toys and proceeded to
throw them in the yard.  Jack goes running after his toys.  Then it was time to
meet the 'real' police dog, a beautiful black/tan GSD!  What a sight that was.
 Trooper Jeff put the dog into a sit, and I brought Jack over with a lead,
and the canine dog was very sweet and gentle, and I think the bonding
immediately occurred.  Before I knew it they were sitting next to each other,
Jack a
little version of big canine police dog.  Then Trooper Jeff instructs his dog
go to the truck, at which time his dog promptly ran off and jumped into the
back of the truck.  Then trooper Jeff carries Jack to the truck and places him
side/side next to big canine dog.  What a sight that was, for a person (me) who
just loves our breed and loves our canine dogs!  I told the trooper that I
thought I had 'all of Jack's belongings', and he looked at me and said 'I hope
so', as Jack did have a lot of luggage going with him!  Trooper Jeff said they
are going to have an agility type course set up for the kids, and that Jack
will go through the course, and then mix with the kids.  Jack will be
introduced
as 'a police dog in training'.  I'm betting that Jack will steal the show!  I
hope everyone enjoyed this little story and I'll let you know how he made out
when it's all over and Jack is back at home.  After seeing Jack and my
beautiful 6 month old bitch in the backyard, who jumped up to get petted when
she
saw "company", Trooper Jeff said he'll be coming around next year for a puppy
of
his own!  Now, that is what 'this' is all about.  Thanks for listening.
Cheryl Olson/Tindrock Shepherds