[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Waste of time Standard Proposal

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <hickoryhillgsd1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <wynsum@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2014 22:00:01 -0700

SO many places the Board could spend their time and the Club money besides
tinkering
with our Standard!!   The membership did not request or even 'murmur' for
any changes
to the Standard.  This request had to come from someone on the Board.
If our Parent Club is literally REDUCED to this kind of action because of a
couple
of Board members and NOT the needs and concerns of the membership and local
Clubs
for better PR and Nationals that exhibitors can get to easily it certainly
will not
bode well for a huge renewal of membership.
...Can any Board member explain to some of us WHY changing the Standard to
literally
REVERSE what was voted on by the membership will improve the Breed and the
concerns
of the membership??  Can anyone explain why long coats are suddenly
PROMOTED...with
EXTRA classes at the National??   THE NATIONAL!?
...Does the Board REALLY think all the members and breeders and exhibitors
were too
STOOOPID in 1968 to understand what they were doing when they voted for the
white DQ??

To really improve the Standard .... make anything other than a black nose
and all
blues, livers, pandas, brindles AND whites a DQ... along with any attempt to
bite
the judge and undershot jaw and docked tails.   AND DONE!
To increase a membership...be concerned about what the membership wants.
The things
the membership has always been united on is better PR and Education about
the GSD
and Nationals that are easy to get to for EVERYONE AND their dogs.   Pretty
basic.

Carolyn  marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com