[ SHOWGSD-L ] Washington Weekend

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 19:21:59 EDT

We set out to Washington with much apprehension......while getting Tanya's
health certificate for the airline her weight came to 66.6 Not the kind of
numbers you want to be flying with..........but did I let that stop  us??
Never!!!

We get to the airport with plenty of time.  The counter personnel  could not
have been any nicer. One of the guys promised us that when he becomes
president of AA he will allow nice dogs like Tanya to flight in the cabin with
their
wonderful companions (meaning ME!)

We checked Tanya in, now we had to get her crated x-rayed and her  physically
checked.

The AA personnel took the crate thru the x-ray machine, took her bed out
(yes, she does travel with her bed <G>), x-rayed her bed, one of the staff
came
with I think was a metal detector and checked Tanya inch by inch (stand for
examination comes in very handy), and they gave her a cookie.  Now, I have
flown dogs many times before.  Never have I gone thru all this mess, and  never
have I encountered such nice staff either.

Tanya, her crate and her bed were approved, and off we went.  All is  well
that ends well.

Now to Washington.......where the weather was absolutely beautiful at 60
some degrees, specially coming from balmy 95+ in Dallas.

The show grounds were very nice, the ring was very large and is time to
start.

We place Saturday on a large, deep class.

After the show Cyndy Davis and I took the girls to the hotel, and got them
settled in. (The girls are Tanya and Tia, Cyndy's cute papillon.)  Once the
girls were settled, we did the girly thing, went to the mall!!!!  We  shopped,
we had lunch (or was that dinner?) and called it a day.   Cyndy, thanks for the
chairs, for the dinner and for the company.  You  looked marvelous!!

Sunday morning started at 6 am.  Tanya and I hit the road  early.  We were
still on Dallas time, so we were waaayyyy past our  out of bed time.  We road
worked, and went back to the room, and  while we waited for Bill to pick us up
did all the mother's day  phone calls, and got my share.  I heard a
rumor....that Bill is moving to  WA State. I am sorry folks.

We found one Starbucks....one in Seattle....can you believe it!!   I thought
they were in every corner, but was I wrong......but we found one,  and avoided
disaster.....I am a bitch if I don't have my coffee in the  morning.....sure,
some will say I am a bitch anyway, but you don't  want to see me without my
coffee.

Show goes along, I get Tanya ready for her class and off we  go.  Sandy
worked them, and the handlers were trying to cut the ring and  play all tricks
on
her, to no avail, she knows all the tricks....LOL

You heard the results, Tanya went WB, BOW and BOS for a 3 point major. It
was VERY nice. She went BOS to Lori's gorgeous male Max. What a nice dog.

Lunch was served on Saturday, and it was good. The exhibitors were very
hospitable. Bill Basu handled Tanya perfectly, he may become a good handler
after
all <G>  Lori Bella and David Lewis were such  sweethearts, they shared their
grooming equipment and grooming  area, and that saved me much stuff to pack.
Joan Fox and I had a good  visit, and went gaga over her little puppy girl.
And Sandy made my mothers day a  perfect one.

Yes, we went thru the whole mess again at the Seattle airport when checking
Tanya in, and once again, the AA staff was wonderful.  I could not be  happier
with the treatment we received from American Airlines.

A tip from Cyndy, check what kind of plane you are flying, and make sure
they can fit the crate you are taking.

Bill, Iza and I started this "project" with the purpose of not only
finishing a good bitch, but have fun in the process.  When you have good
teamwork,
anything is possible.

We are home, rested and still glowing.

May all of you get to experience weekends as good as this one.

Ileana