[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Was white...now health

  • From: "Rebecca Little" <pbgs@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ducksavsfan@xxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 22:04:44 -0500

There are some of us out there that are VERY VERY concencious of what we
breed. I as well as others go through great pains to avoid issues. Genetics
can be really a hard game to play...you have to make sure you don't double
up on issues. Yes it is doubly hard when the truth is not out there about
alot of dogs but often there are people willing to share what they know...I
am blessed to be surrounded by very knowledgable people who share everything
with me.
Your very right no matter how lovely the dog is if it can't live past 5yrs
old what good is it. I breed in this order...health, temperament, and
conformation. I always figure without the other 2 first where would the pet
puppies end up? Everyone knows they all can't be champions! I just think
people need to get smart...steer clear from those who are not concerned with
health first!
Rebecca Little
Peakes Brook German Shepherds
http://www.peakesbrookshepherds.com/