[ SHOWGSD-L ] Was white...now health

  • From: Christina Klahn <ducksavsfan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 18:31:32 -0800 (PST)

Okay, so I'm glad someone brought the subject of healthy dogs up. I agree
totally as far as that goes. I don't care what color a GSD is or really where
they some from as long as they are sound, correct and healthy. I've only been
in the breed a short time, but from my observations there is more concern over
who's popular than who is the best dog. Who cares what color really? I think
someone else mentioned the sheep don't care. Remember form follows function, or
is that as good as a fairy tale. When our dogs are dying so young these days,
isn't color rather a low priority? My dogs' sire died very young. You think I
can find out the real reason he died? I haven't yet. What good does that do the
breed? The one and only white GSD breeder I know is more conciencous of health
than most breeders I know, regardless the breed. She was floored when I told
her I couldn't find out why my dogs' sire died. How am I supposed to know if
it's genetic and if I should
 watch for things in my own dogs? For that matter, know what to avoid when
pairing a bitch with my male?

Just my two cents, for whatever that it worth. Sorry for the long vent.

Christina Klahn
Illusion GSDs

Sent from my iPhone

Msg: #1 in digest
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 16:04:37 -0800 (PST)
From: Deb Sullivan <victorysbullseye@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: White GSD as a separate breed?

I just want to say...I don't care if they are White, black or purple poke a
dotted as long as they are healthy
I don't care.
and it seem our beloved breed has many health problems of late.
Deb

Deb and her Boys
Victory's Bullseye,TT.,CGC.,CD,ASCACD.
Victory's Dubh Mac Tire, CGC(Wolf) 01/23/05-03/28/2007,lost to PAA/EPI
Montauk Sue's Red Codiak