[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Was Winners, not a gamble: LOOOONG

  • From: "Penny & Bill" <Ketchy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Show List" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 07:44:38 -0500

I think dogs of all ages are gambles.  You just have to hope and pray that
things will turn out ok:  sometimes they do and other times they don't.  I
raised our solid black CH Jed daughter Jeddie from an 8 week old pup.  I waited
a long time for her.  Sharon Todoroff sent me the best black in the litter,
Jeddie.  She is everything I wanted:  sound, a mover--in fact a real character!
 Yesterday was the day of truth--her OFA x-rays were taken.  My vet's tech and
I agree that the elbows are fantastic and the hips are very good--if we're
lucky we could get an excellent rating.  Whew!  We also took a two year old
black and tan male, a Ch Phizer son, Brando, to get done also--he too shall
pass (tee-hee).
Jackie asked where to look for a good GSD--the answer is to look EVERYWHERE and
talk to EVERYONE.  I was talking to one of my handlers who knew that Brando
might be available.  After a few phone calls to his breeder, Laura Mulligan, we
agreed that he would live here--if passes OFA (which he will.)  Ever since
Ketchy, Punky and The Kid passed away, it seems life had fallen on hard times,
as far as buying dogs was concerned. It was discouraging, but you always have
to take a chance.  There ARE good people out there (ie Emily <Forest>, Scootie,
Pat and Betty <Jude>, Sharon <Jeddie, Eagle>, Laura <Brando>).  You CAN find
them.  And when you find those good people, life is golden.
Penny in NY
Forest, Jeddie, Jude and Brando