[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Was Standard Proposal-Why it will pass when the standard do...

  • From: "Theresa-GSD Stolz-Scenecrest Farm" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "scenecrest.geo@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: showgsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 May 2014 07:13:43 -0700 (PDT)

I have watched the GSD I loved my whole lifetime disappear in America.

Am I bitter no just tired of seeing GSDs being placed by SOME judges that have
no clue of correct conformation, movement or breed standard.  Years ago
in order to be a judge you needed to know this but does not seem
to be the case today.  I watch SOME judges place GSDs walking on their
pasterns front and back, you do not need to even stack these dogs as
they stand that way… with down pasterns, hips, straight shoulder, long
necks coming at the wrong angle out of the shoulder,  flying their feet
in all directions fast gaiting around looking for owners on the sideline with
not a clue of what they are doing.  Of course there are the spooks with unsound
temperament if they can race around the ring that is great.

Years ago at the LongWorth Kennels here in Allegan, MI there were 500 GSDs
showing from all over the US.  Well now you are lucky to get 1-7 in
a All Breed Show and a very few at GSD Specialty Shows.  Well, years ago money
was tight too but breeders and owners enjoyed showing not
so much today.

Yes, there are still some GREAT GSDs out there showing but many do not show due
to their owners knowing they will not place due to SOME judges won’t place
them.  These judges place the dogs they know or the handlers.  It is all in who
you know of your placing it seems with these judges.

Having talked to AKC All Breed judges several have told me they have no idea
how to place these dogs as you need good conformation and stable temperament in
the first place.  You do not need to be in the ring to evaluate these dogs
watching them outside of it tells you plain and simple.

I read and listen to people I respect that are no longer GSDCA members or that
are have been in the breed for many years with knowledge people could learn
from.  It is too bad that SOME people today have no clue what a good GSD is if
they would only listen to people with the REAL knowledge.

However, it is easier to go with the flow than stand up for what is right
for the GSD.  But, the real question is do these people really know what
is best for the breed don’t think so.

Theresa

On Thu, 5/22/14, Ileana <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

  bitter? That's not what's up for argument, and in
 fact, it's totally irrelevant.

 Are they speaking the truth?? That's the
 point. Want to answer that?

 Ileana

 Sent
 from my iPhone

 2:04 PM, "Kathaleen Strong" <inflight@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote:

 > Bitter?
 Yeah, you're probably right a little.  The weak people
 who let it
 > happen and the egomaniacs at
 the helm of this injustice STOLE and destroyed what I
 devoted the majority of my adult life to.

 > The part that gets a
 bit old Evan, is people who continue to drink the
 > purple Koolaid and tell the rest of the
 world "oh.. she's just bitter,

 everything is just hunky dory."

 > Smoke and Mirrors