[ SHOWGSD-L ] Was Disconcerting Question

  • From: "Kathaleen Strong" <inflight@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 10:00:58 -0700

Good grief -- I asked a SIMPLE question -- I've seen these blood draws done
before and have participated in them also -- but they've always been done in
the stalls. Not out in the aisles.  I didn't specifically target any one
person.  When I asked a couple of other people AT the show, and they didn't
say ANYTHING about the blood draw.  What I got from those people who I asked
what I had possibly seen was -- "some exhibitors and handlers are using
these performance enhancing drugs" ... Besides that, as much as I know it
was publicized, I only vaguely remember hearing about the blood draw and I'm
not even sure which Aisle it was on where I saw what I saw.  And before we
get all high and mighty again, let's remember WHO it is you're talking to
about "getting a grip and spreading rumors".  I don't have the time, energy
or desire to be embroiled in bildgewater pertaining to spreading rumors.

I wasn't trying to cause any trouble, I was trying to get a question
answered.  I wasn't sure what I saw and based upon what I was told by people
at the show, it bothered me that some kind of drugging might be going on...
it's harmful to the individual dogs and to the breed in general.  I'm not a
complete idiot, I know some damn odd-ball stuff goes on in this "dog show"
game and I know that based upon the way the breed is nowadays, people don't
give a flying flip about much other than winning.  Do you both think if
performance enhancing drugging wasn't a problem that someone like Ken and
Kathy Tank would sign their emails with "we support drug and dye testing"?

Now Evan has broadcast that I was suspended -- a complete fallacy.  I have
not ever been written up, had a hearing or been suspended from anything in
my life!  It was a completely ludicrous event which started "Benchfest 2009"
(What was the total number of benches at this national?  4-5?? I've never
heard of such at thing at a National), but now Evan accuses me of being
suspended, that's even more ludicrous?  Good grief!

It's no damn wonder I don't bother to read or post to this list much
anymore.  I'm a little irate that I ask a simple question and people decide
to just throw a heap of sarcasm on and devaluate the legitimacy of my
question.  It's not something that makes for a conducive and cohesive place
for someone to ask a question on this list -- it's no wonder it's de-evolved
to a bunch of people talking about how they couldn't get sound on streaming
video or other bs.

If what I saw was simply a blood draw, then, Great, I **support** all that
is being done to help these research scientists find things which can be a
benefit to finding the markers for these deadly diseases.  Furthermore, if
they are able to find it in dogs, maybe they can find it in humans and
wouldn't that be a boon to the whole of this little blue planet? If it
wasn't, then asking the question will make people wake up and be more aware
of their surroundings and the potential that things of a bad nature are
happening at our shows.

Evan, I expect an immediate apology, I know as a lawyer you're trained to
deal in facts, but throwing out completely false information???  What is
that?

Kathaleen