[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Walking in the woods

  • From: Sheila Lieberman <sheilaofmiami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 08:01:19 -0700 (PDT)

Gail Stiefferman needs to get Butch to read some of this.  He is an award
winning hunter who would either laugh or growl at these posts. sheila
Peggy <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:  When I was first married, we lived on a
small farm in upstate New
York..surrounded by land the state was trying to have declared Forever
Wild...but it had been logged at one time, and the logging trails made
great places to ride the horses........and also to walk the dogs. It
was all posted land, and had been posted for many years...still, hunters
went through at times. We had bears back there as well as deer and
foxes, all sorts of things..and still, one of our neighbors had two cows
shot one morning, in a field on the other side of the woods....
Holstein cows, at that...stupid city boys shot black and white
cows.......I don't know what colour deer they thought they were shooting
at....
I'm not opposed to hunting, but only by people who know what
they're shooting at, and who will treat the game properly so it can be
eaten...... I have to admit, tho, that I'd rather eat ducks and geese
than venison or bear..........!!!
Peggy

GSDRaider@xxxxxxx wrote:

>I tie florescent marker tape in my horses mane and tail during hunting season
>here in Ohio. She is sorrel and although very large compared to a deer - you
>would be surprised the "city folk" that we find cutting through our property.
>I used to teach at an Elementary school out in the deep country and the
>hunters would come out of the woods onto the playground. The look on their
>faces to
>see the swingsets and teeter-totters was priceless but it could have been very
>dangerous for the children. (We had indoor recess during hunting season). 2
>years ago some guy tried to check in some farmer's goat - he had no idea it
>wasn't a deer.
>Stupid me - I am training a GSD for SAR and went out with a friend on HER
>FARM during deer week - a hunter came out of her woods and started yelling at
>us
>about being in the woods during deer season, she had to inform him that it was
>her farm and that he was trespassing on it. LOL
>Melanie

>POST is Copyrighted 2006. All material remains the property of the original
>are permitted without prior permission of the original author AND of the

>PROSECUTED.

>VISIT OUR WEBSITE - URL temporarily deleted due to AOL issues

POST is Copyrighted 2006. All material remains the property of the original

Sheila of Miami
Mernydex GSD's
Loving Obedience Dog Training