[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Wake Up Folks - Write AKC

  • From: "RivendellP" <rivendellp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <LEWIEB@xxxxxxx>, <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 09:52:38 -0700

Time to wake up, grab a pen or use your computer and write AKC, tell them
you are a dog fancier and that you oppose PAWS and urge them to join you.
Send your letter to AKC in New York, address it to the AKC President, send
an email to communications@xxxxxxx and also to doglaw@xxxxxxxx  Ask them to
forward your email to the Ron Menaker,Chairman, American Kennel Club, to
Dennis Sprung , American Kennel Club President, and to the AKC Secretary Jim
Crowley.  Snail Mail address is 260  Madison Avenue New York, NY 10016 Phone
is 212 696-8200 or send a Fax 212 696-8252

IT'S TIME TO BE HEARD!

Sorry Lew...I had to emphasize your last statement before your letter
because it's so important.

For whatever reason, some members of the AKC Board believe PAWS is not so
bad. Any FEDERAL intrusion into the sport of dogs is unacceptable because
this is a STATES RIGHTS ISSUE.

I would urge writers, faxers, and emailers to concentrate on this particular
point. If the good Senator Santorum understood or cared to understand the
blight the ARista's are proposing...he would not have resurrected the Puppy
Protection Act into his current Puppy Animal Welfare Statute. We defeated
the PPA 3 years ago and I know I offered to educate Senator Santorum on AR
desires and ends. I am sure 1000's upon 1000's did the same thing. The AKC
on da udder hand...already know the down side of an AR Revolution. Now we
must convince them that any AR success with AKC approval would be
disastrous.

Keep your letters, faxes, and emails short and to the point. Let them know
you are against the AKC position and want it changed. Follow up email with
faxes, and faxes with hard copies sent via snail mail.

Give Hell Guyz...

Paul