[ SHOWGSD-L ] Wait till Peggy hears this!

  • From: Edwin Hill <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freelist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2009 11:52:10 -0800 (PST)

......Tis the night before Christmas, a most joyous occasion for many world
wide...and I look back over my 56 years here and I am humbled by my
blessings....now for the bad news....I have gone on record for opposing
strongly the behavior of a certain football player who was jailed for 22
months...and I agreed strongly about his rights to obtain employment from
anyone who'd hire him upon his release...never once called him a hero, and God
knows he is nobody's role model, and yes I'd like to see him on my team because
of his talent and ability to improve one of my three addictions, The Oakland
Raiders.....today I learned that his current team, the Philadelphia Eagles,
voted him an award of courage...every team in the NFL votes one person per
team ....professional athletes amaze me by their God given almost super human
abilities to compete at levels far beyond the majority of us......many times
intellectually these same athletes surprise me with some
 of their decisions outside of sports ( What was Tiger thinking?)...how the
Eagles could somehow decide that a convicted animal killer, four months out of
prison deserves a "Courage award' because he can still throw a football is hard
to swallow...and yes the Eagles players can vote for whom ever they
please....but I can still question their decision....I'm not so sure
professional sports is a good idea anymore...sorry this went off topic, but in
a way, it's really not//....Ed Hill