[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: WUSV

  • From: TISHW@xxxxxxx
  • To: dan-ann@xxxxxxxx, EJDegen@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2009 16:14:01 EDT

In a message dated 8/9/2009 2:44:16 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
dan-ann@xxxxxxxx writes:
I'm sure  I will be corrected if I am wrong :-), but I thought that the show
in 2013  sponsored by the GSDCA was for the WUSV (World Union of  German
Shepherd  Clubs) show.  It is the "world" championship  trial for Schutzhund
only (no  conformation of ANY type...German,  American, etc).

======================
Well this makes it  even more interesting -  Why does someone who has
OFFICIAL knowledge  jump in can clarify some of this

Hi All,

OK, I'm back.  We were only 45 minutes away for our family reunion but  we
might as well have been in the outback of Australia.  We had no internet  at
all (and not much TV) unless you made a 15 or 20 minute trip to the local
library.  And I think all of my mail bounced after Aug. 4.
It was a wonderful reunion - we had terrific weather - no rain but  hot.
The place was great.  Kids and all enjoyed the pool and trips to  Jamestown
and Luray Caverns.  Big Civil War Night and yours truly had a big  birthday
celebration.

Anyway, re the above - we are hosting the 2013 World Union Trial.   Julie
is right - no conformation.  We put in to host this several years ago
because we wanted to do it in conjunction with our Centennial.  Our GSDCA
National will be first, then the Centennial Celebration, then the WUSV  Trials.

This is the same event that was hosted by UScA last fall  in KY.

Tish