[ SHOWGSD-L ] WRITING LETTERS -Mixed Breeds and the AKC

  • From: "Doc Zoe" <wynsum@xxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 13:43:47 -0500

I believe we need to write letters, but that open letter was off the mark.
 WE need to address certain concerns:

1. That a registration NOT be given until proof of spay neuter is
provided

2. That the rules clearly reflect that purebreds get the first spaces at
the performance event, and that mixed breeds be allowed ONLY on a space
available.

The above will ensure the AKC MISSION STATEMENT

The AKC Mission statement reads in part:
The American Kennel Club is dedicated to upholding
the integrity of its Registry, promoting the sport of
purebred dogs and breeding for type and function

THIS IS MY PERSONAL OPINION AND "NOT" THAT THAT OF THE
GSDCA BOARD, THE LIST OR ANY OTHER GROUP

They affect most of us.  If the AKC gets enough letters, they might
reconsider their choice or make changes so that purebreeds do not get
closed out of trials.

Write your AKC rep for National and Local clubs and write the AKC.  Sally
is correct about this suggestion.

We can discuss all we want on all lists, but the power of the pen is
extremely important

The same goes for Legislation - write your Representatives and
Congresspeople as well as the list

A Handwritten letter gets weighted more than a typed letter and a typed
letter is weighted more than an email, and an email is weighted more than
a petition

INDIVIDUAL LETTERS TO THE AKC carry a lot of weight

AKC Customer Care

8051 Arco Corporate Drive, Suite 100

Raleigh, NC 27617-3390

Telephone: 919.233.9767

8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. ET

Companion Events

Tommi Powell, Administrative Assistant (919) 816-3557