[ SHOWGSD-L ] WORST DOG EXPERIENCES

  • From: Mary Tripp <mary@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: show gsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 17:36:58 -0600

Many of you know Cargogh as that beautiful, well trained moving
machine---what you don't know is his sneaky ways.  He can get out of almost
anything.  Airline crates he grins at, Kennel Air's unless we double up on
latches he opens and he has a delight with hotel room doors.

In Daytona, at the National, Cargogh proceed to open his crate and Kellie's
- even though we had closed them and put bunge cords on them.  Kellie, at
least had enough sense to stay in the room with the door open.  NoooooooT
the big man--he proceeded to go "walkabout" on the floor until Jamie Walker
finally took him in - she said about an hour.

When we got back, they had graciously left a note on the door.  We went to
get the dog and Jamie rightfully chewed my butt, but fortunately I had
witnesses that we had put the dog up and double locked the crates. I will
never be able to Thank Jamie enough for rescuing the Man.

Since that time, we only leave him in the van in a crate that is up against
the doors - but that is not a fail safe.

In Amarillo, it was warming up a little on the last day and we were
leave the back door on the van open.  You guessed it, Cargogh went around
the hotel.  The manager called to let us know a "black" dog was out and
Carol went off calling for her black male, Blackie.  By the time I got back
to the van, Cargogh was looking at me.

The next show everybody got instructions on keeping doors closed and on how
to open the back door just in case he had "popped" the door.

The final result is that unless he is with me, he stays in the van - we
have a generator and air in there.  I do not feel that I could ship him
anywhere as I don't want to cause the plane to crash from a loose dog.

It is really a good thing that I love him---in many ways he is a very
special dog.

Mary

Mary Tripp     Mary@xxxxxxxxxxxxx   http://www.tripphill.com TRIPPHILL
KENNELS, H 512-267-2104