[ SHOWGSD-L ] WHY whites ya or nay?

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Ketchy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bnbgsds2000@xxxxxxxxx>, <scenecrest.geo@xxxxxxxxx>, "'pinehillgsds@aol com'" <Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx>, "'Barbara Hively'" <barbara17236@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 10:29:50 -0800

It really should not be about whether we like a white shepherd or not.
That is not the point....the point is the Breed Standard.

I'm sure some people would love to see a white Rottweiler or a white
Boxer or Irish Setter, or whatever...but COLOR, and COLOR RISTRICTIONS
is a part of every BREED STANDARD!
It is such a simple fact....we often recognize a Breed... BY THE COLORS!
Why should it suddenly be unimportant?
Why would that COLOR part of every Standard mean that we do not consider
health or temperament or longevity or basic soundness and correctness
as unimportant?   We who care about the color DQ...also care about the
entire Standard.
You feel whites should not be a DQ....many of us feel it should remain so.
Is it worth a Club split.....it sure causes a big rift just on this List.

Carolyn  marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com

On Behalf Of Penny & BillSent: Wednesday, February 06, 2013 9:22 AM
To: bnbgsds2000@xxxxxxxxx; scenecrest.geo@xxxxxxxxx; pinehillgsds@aol com;
Barbara Hively Cc: List Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: whites ya or nay?

I've seen many--quite a few recently.  I wish we could just get over COLOR;
I wish we would consider structure, temperament, health and longevity.  I
wish the white color was not a DQ in the conformation ring.

Penny in NC
The Farm Dog Forever