[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: WHY DO WE HAVE SHEPHERDS?

  • From: Penny Kroh <Ketchy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: The List <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 05:44:43 -0500

Jackie asked why we have shepherds.  It was regarding Iza's post about
what the typical buyer wants and IZA is RIGHT--the average person
wants a healthy good-looking pet with an excellent temperament.
I have shepherds because they are SMART.  They are INTUITIVE and know
what is happening around them.  They are WHIMSICAL.  They are SERIOUS
and if given a job, they will do it.  Sometimes their job is to be
loving, family members only; sometimes they compete in various games
(to them) BECAUSE OUR EGOS WANT THEM TO.  I love conformation shows
and obedience (and I would like to love herding)--some of my dogs LOVE
to work in these venues too.  Some don't, but they do it, because they
LOVE me.  At the end of the day, I have shepherds because they are the
most satisfying, lovable, non-judgmental friends I could ever have.
They love me and I love them.
Penny in NY