[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: WHICH CLASS TO SHOW THIS DOG

  • From: LeBrowngsd@xxxxxxx
  • To: gailbauman1@xxxxxxx, wynsum@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 19:04:32 EDT

I think it comes under the heading "found to be ineligible" and that is the
 reason once defeated it cannot compete further.
Lee Brown

In a message dated 3/20/2010 5:54:23 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

OK...I looked it up.  A dog entered in more than one  class that shows in
one class must continue to show in every class for which  it is entered or
becomes eligible...there is nothing in the rules about  whether the dog was
defeated..........

here is the rule:  (from the AKC Stewards  book...

Chapter 14, Section 1.

Every  dog which is present in the ring for a class in which it is properly
entered must continue to compete in all competition in its breed  or
variety for which it is entered
or becomes eligible, unless it has been excused, dismissed,  disqualified
or found to be ineligible
under the rules.
I know judges don't  like it because they don't want to beat a dog in one
class and put it up in a  tougher class...but from time to time I have seen
dogs lose and continue to  show.  I didn't think the old rule had changed.
It is  interesting that the only place the rule appears is in the Stewards
book............which makes sense, because a judge cannot refuse entry to an
entered dog...........
Peggy