[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: WHAT IF?

  • From: "" <hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "hardcastle@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <hardcastle@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 15:23:05 -0600

I am not a "rule" person..I also hate rules made spawned from an emotional
situation such as the Hunte membership. I think before any by-laws are
changed to address wholesalers and brokers or whatever it should be done so
after we can step back and evaluate the whole situation unemotionally. In
our justice system we have degrees of punishment..the court recognizes (
for example) that although you may murder someone..it could be
manslaughter, it could be premeditated..it could be in self defense..it
could be a crime of passion..all carrying a different weight even though
the end result is still a death. with that said..even the AKC provides a
degree of punishment..some get a fine..some get a fine with a short
suspension..some get suspended for life. We all know that a loss of AKC
privileges is quite serious..however how much does a loss of GSDCA
membership matter? It is my understanding, that you cannot refuse someone
an entry for an AKC event because they are a non -club member..so a non
member can still show at a national or a specialty. to be quite frank..I am
not certain why GSDCA membership is even required for Fut/mat..since it is
an AKC sanctioned event( maybe someone can explain) You could set up a fine
system..but try to enforce it..if you don't pay..you lose your GSDCA
membership..which takes us back to the aforementioned points..what does
that matter when you can show at nationals, etc..Now..if you want to keep
someone out of a club, because of proof that their practices are not in the
best interest of the Breed, or of purebred dogs, then that should be a
private clubs prerogative..however..this would still not keep them from
being able to enter specialties and nationals..perhaps they might not be
able to advertise a sel.rating or other PC title..but that can be
creatively skirted around also. bottom line..I am not sure what the answer
is. In a utopian world..everyone would police themselves..do the right
thing..act in the best interest of the breed and all involved..but its not
a perfect world Christine

hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Steve and Christine Grainger
WWW.HICKORYHILLGSD.COM