[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: WGSD seminars raising money

  • From: Karen C. <kmc@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 15:23:04 -0400

On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 07:58:00 -0700 (PDT), Dawn Restuccia
<windwych@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:=20

>Has anyone else read the post regarding the WGSD club having
>a Cesar Milan seminar that raised ALOT of money for their club???

Slight (but I think, very important) correction!

They/we did not raise money for any "club.". While it is
true that the White Shepherd Genetics Project was started
by AWSA members, the project is unaffiliated with any of
the clubs. It held the CM seminar and raised the money
purely to continue furthering its research into the health
and genetics of the White Shepherd -- and yes -- that
includes all white GSDs, no matter which registry or club
the folks aspire to. It has always been the policy of the
WS Genetics Project that politics, club or otherwise, has
no business sticking its ugly head in where the health and
genetics of the breed are concerned.

Just an FYI and I hope this clears up the matter.

Karen C.
kmc@xxxxxxxxxxxx

"Let me win.
   But if I cannot win, let me be brave in the attempt."
      -- Special Olympics Oath