[ SHOWGSD-L ] WDA and The SV

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2014 23:05:59 -0500 (EST)

I was on the board when it was discussed that the AKC would not allow bite
work.

So, the board voted to form an organization called the WDA to compete with
members of SchUSA that was an organization for Schutzhund work, but not
only for  German shepherds.

The WDA worked with the GSDCA and the boards of the two organizations were
mostly the same people. I suggested that no more than half of the boards
was the  same to keep the illusion that they were different organization.

At that time the president of the GSDCA was automatically on the WDA  board.

Each year the WDA would come to the GSDCA to get funds to send a team to
the World Trials.  They insisted on only taking German dogs, and that was
the first indication of their dislike for our style of dogs.

Then when Ken Downing was the president of the WDA, Dan Yee arranged a vote
 to remove him, without him knowing about it, and without the membership
voting.

That is when I resigned, and stopped donating to the WDA.

Now they have made it clear that they have no use for the GSDCA, and more
so, that they don't agree with our standard.

I probably have all the original records, but they would be in  storage.

The GSDCA should disband the WDA, make sure the AKC knows we no longer
support them, and give them freedom and stop supporting them.

All it would take is a resolution or vote by our board.

The AKC will now allow bite work, so we should get rid of the WDA. They
serve no purpose to the GSDCA.

Evan L.  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and  Temperament come  together

In a message dated 3/4/2014 12:03:34 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
Lindenhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Evan,  could you provide some additional historical background on the
structure  between the two organizations, how they were(or were not)
supposed to  operate(either together or independently).

A couple of lingering  questions have been on my mind, and since you were
there, perhaps you can  provide some insight

a) Is the WDA a subsidiary of  the GSDCA?
b) How were the finances initially  structured?
c) What continued responsibilities did the  GSDCA have?
d) Do you have a copy of the articles of  incorporation? If so, can
you provide?
e) Can the  GSDCA dissolve the  WDA?

http://showgsd.org/mail.html