[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: WDA President's Message

  • From: Jen Proud <proudk9@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "stormy435@xxxxxxxxx" <stormy435@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2014 18:52:35 -0600

Wow what crawled up Dan's crevices and died?
The editorial starts with two lovely emails, one mentioning "Frank" by name
even, and both saying what a wonderful job was done all around, and both
recognizing the team effort.
Would the WDA have been able to do these shows on their own? I think not- it
was the GSDCA who was asked to host the world trials for 2013- not their
satellite club, the WDA (even though one would assume their participation).
Did the WDA have the funds to be able to hold this type of show?  I doubt that
too.
But from the first paragraph past the emails, the remainder of the article is
basically a slam against the GSDCA, its members & its breeders!
And the man is saying they need to change their bylaws and the GSDCA is kicking
them to the curb!?!
I feel so badly for the WDA members; to see an editorial from the club
president bashing their sponsoring/creator/parent club!  It is plain that Mr
Yee thinks it's the WDA with the WUSV vote and NOT the GSDCA!  That man is
sadly mistaken & apparently deluded in his rantings-- I'm no rocket scientist
but even I can clearly see by what he has written himself he screwed himself.
If a show premium shows that entries must be received WITH ENTRY FEES (as is
customary here in the USA), then entries are only accepted when paid for. The
"promise" of an entry fee is left many a man empty handed. HE didn't have to
pay those entries- and the competing teams who chose not to pay up front whom
he covered should have reimbursed HIM directly!  What in the world would make
anyone think the GSDCA was going to pay "39 teams" worth of other countries'
entry fees to a trial they signed up to be in?!?  Are you f-ing kidding me?
Such a very sad situation when someone lies so blatantly they give themselves
away since they can be seen through clear as glass from an uninvolved observer.
:(
As I imagine most the dispute's items are in writing, shame on them for even
crying "lawsuit" in the first place!  Mr Yee ought to thank his lucky stars the
GSDCA ate a $100K+ loss and not being on the WDA's shoulders- that club would
be bankrupt and over otherwise...
So what's the good approach to the (past included) WDA membership about
starting a "WDS committee"  (now that it has a name I've learned!) -- seeing as
that's been GSDCA's plan since January already and to kick the WDA to the curb?
 Since we have a committee may as well have people to work it! ;)
And, as always, the dogs are the ones who suffer the bad publicity. I wonder if
the WDA will survive at all if they go lawsuit happy?  Aren't there any
"reasonable" board members over there to straighten this (mess & lawsuit) out
before it blows up so far it can't be stopped?
Jen P & the Pack
JayDee's Proud-Haus Shepherds/Proud K911
www.jaydeesphs.com
Committed to the Total Dog you can be Proud of!!!
AKC Breeder of Merit

http://showgsd.org/mail.html