[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: WDA Not a GSDCA Committee

  • From: sally@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: LEWIEB@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 01:40:54 +0000

The WDA is NOT a committee of the GSDCA, they are however an extension hence
the name GSDCA-WDA. Someday, when AKC accepts the Working Dog Sport and
allows the Master Level work then maybe the GSDCA and the WDA stand as one.
Right
now the WDA through the SchH Competition and SV Titles does give the GSDCA
membership in the WUSV and we do compete at the World Trials with our team
wearing GSDCA-WDA Jackets. In addition the GSDCA-WDA does field a team with
members
from SchH USA, another SchH organization. Wouldn't it be great if someday we
all stood under the same umbrella as one?
Great now everyone seems to be on the same track. I think it would be great for
every one to be a member of the PC and be able to pursue their own interest
with their german shepherds.
At this time it does not appear possible - so here is my next statement and I
am very sure if it is incorrect some one will let me know.
It looks to me like we have people running for election to the PC board that do
not have any interest or activities in akc events.- They maybe pc members but
do not participate in akc functions.

sally