[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: WDA

  • From: CANINEHERO@xxxxxxx
  • To: ELG440@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 19:08:09 EDT

In a message dated 8/13/2005 6:23:17 PM Eastern Daylight Time, ELG440@xxxxxxx
writes:
> In a message dated 8/13/2005 4:39:05 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
> sally@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
> If THEY  ARE US.........then why aren't THEY US
>
> Wonder  if those running on the slate for the WDA might consider answering
> these
> questions???
>
> I am not running for the board of the WDA, but will give my opinion, since
> so seldom post.
>
> I was on the board of the GSDCA when we worked to establish our support for
>
> the WDA. The idea was that United Schutzhund Club of America wanted to take
> our  position with the World Union and the SV, but we were the parent club
> in
> the  United states.  I warned the board at that time, since the AKC did not
>
> allow Schutzhund, that we had to make sure they, the WDA were a separate
> organization, and that the two boards were not all the same people.
>
> For a few years it worked that way, but then more and more of the GSDCA
> board members wanted to work with WDA, so the two boards ended up with many
> of
> the same members. The GSDCA board members were already at the meeting, and
> could then for no extra expense hold a WDA meeting.
>
> I understand today the AKC has reduced its' reluctance to bite work, but
> from what I have heard, they still do not want to support Schutzhund due to
> the
> liability issues.  Perhaps there is a new position that I have not heard
> about.
>
> If the AKC will allow Schutzhund to be done within an AKC club, the GSDCA
> should merge the WDA into the club. After all, it is but another form of
> enjoyment for the German shepherd owner.  While I do not practice in
> Schutzhund, I
> respect the right of others to do so, and have supported the WDA  without
> being involved in their sport.  There would be no reason to have a  separate
>
> organization if we could do so, and still be the parent club under the  AKC.
>
> Evan
> _Asgard German  Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
> http://www.asgardgsd.com/
> Where Type Movement  and Temperament come together

                 Very Well put.. The WDA is merely an extention for the
Working side of our Breed that is Worldwide. Presently demonstrated as
Schutzhund
but that name is changing worldwide..

                For those interested I am making application to be a
candidate for the Vice president of GSDCA-WDA.... Regards Mike Andrel
                                 (our breed in show, in sport, and on the
street)