[ SHOWGSD-L ] WDA

  • From: VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 20:45:09 EDT

Just some history. WDA goes back a very long time. It started as a  committee
of the GSDCA,with a separate Board. Bill Collins was President of  WDA, Nancy
Tahash was Secy,and Bill Pfeiffer was treasurer. Eric Renner and his  father
in Law,Dr. Joe G. were on their Board also This was long before  anyone who is
involved now . The GSDCA was essentially in competition with  SchUSA to
represent the GSD in this country as well as Germany.,even though the  GSDCA
was
the first foreign country to be invited to join ,what was at that  time, the
newly formed WUSV--courtesy of Julius and Ann Due,and Ernie Loeb
   WDA was a full GSDCA committee ,up to,and all through my  Presidency
!985-1989,Then Carmen became President,and tossed them out on their  own,with
complete separate identity--made them a liaison. But as a  committee,they had
officers,etc. Their Board attended our Board meetings,and our  Board attended
their
Board meeting. But no intermingling of officers. We were  fighting SchUSA,and
I was trying to have the AKC  allow us to have that  part of the Sport under
the umbrella of the GSDCA. We almost made it, They   had their first show at
the Phoenix National, in conjunction with us,but held it  about 6 blocks away
from our site. Their Judge sat,at head table and spoke.But  separately they
could hardly survive,so it's been an uphill struggle this  long,and our members
are doing the helping anyway. and now in the last couple  yrs, Carmen ,as an
AKC Board member has been working to have the German
Shepherd,Doberman,,Rotties,Giant Schnauzers  be able to do Scutzhund work
under their respective Parent
Clubs umbrellas.. Times change.Then that could be  just like Herding ,
Agility--something for everybody  Helen  Miller Fisher