[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: WAR TACTICS - I just received this....

  • From: stormy435 <stormy435@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 09:21:14 -0800

Linda "gets it!"  We need to realize that the AR groups revel in our disdain of
"puppymills" (which has no definition outside of anybody who breeds more than
one litter...even that).  The arguments over different country sources of our
dogs, performance vs conformation, anything that divides US makes them stronger.
Stormy Hope

On Dec 17, 2008, at 8:53:14 AM, "Linda Battistoni" <encoregsd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
One of the most successful war tactics is to divide and conquer.  Getting the
factions to bicker and squable amongst themselves is quite effective.  It
weakens the resistance.

The "crimes" listed against the breeder were infractions that did no harm to
the dogs in her care.  Rules were not followed - slap her hand.

We can put up a good positive image from our Parent Club on the GSD.  Promote
the breeders in the club - but if we faction off,  The battle is lost
and winning the war has less chance of success.

The scutiny of  HSUS will be on any breed selected by a prominent figure.  No
breeder can predict that an puppy will be problem free for life.

Let's put the same amount of energy into promoting the pure bred dog, sheep,
cattle, cats, rabbits, chickens, birds, etc.   We are intelligent, creative
people.  Let's go together and win this war.

Linda Battistoni
Encore German Shepherds in Northern California
Website: www.encoregsd.com