[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: WAR TACTICS - I just received this....

  • From: Elsyd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 21:20:44 EST

None of us want it to happen to anyone. The point I was trying! to make is
that all this fuss about them not getting a dog from "us" is probably a good
thing, taking into consideration  the attendant publicity, and the  possibility
of problems. No one wants anything but good things to happen to our  breed,
and our breeders, no matter the so-called nationality of the dogs. Being
realistic, sometimes being in the spotlight is not so good. That was my  total
and
only point. Not exactly something to build upon! Syd

In a message dated 12/17/2008 1:02:13 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx writes:
I would  prefer it not happen to ANYONE, call me crazy.  But we are talking
about  the breed we all love.  I wouldn't wish it on her, or any breeder,
whether breeder of German, American, small or large.  I really don't even  know
why we are taking this all so personally about the Biden dog.  If  they had
bought another breed , I guarantee we'd all be whining..."gee, why  didn't they
get a GSD?"   I have read cattiness, and the "us" and  "them" mentality works
against us ALL AS A BREED, and as a dog fancy.
I  wish them great happiness and success with their new puppy.  If we are
soooo upset they didn't come to "us"  , then the club needs to be more  visible
and do more to promote itself to the public.    We have not  done a stellar
job of it for our Nationals so far...the surrounding  communities hardly know
we
are even  in their town for a week.  So  we have no one to blame but
ourselves.
JMO
Kathy

_http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com_
(http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com/)
Updated:  Dec 10, 2008 ~
HOME OF::
CH. Elvaston's Nations Cup TC, 26 BOBs
CH.  Victory's Leviathan
CH. Garter's E-Male of Fran-Jo Anne Isle

WE  SUPPORT DRUG AND DYE TESTING

On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 12:16 PM, <_Elsyd1@xxxxxxxx (mailto:Elsyd1@xxxxxxx) >
wrote:

These  are issues that can backfire both ways. As "reputable" breeders, we
all  have bred puppies that eventually were stricken with just about any
illness
that one can imagine. We are not immune! Better it should happen  to her, than
to  us.  Syd

Gmail, and Yahoo Mail. Try it now.