[ SHOWGSD-L ] WALK AWAY

  • From: Elsyd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 22:52:05 EDT

This has not been hashed over (or even discussed) on da list....happened
today, inexplicable.
NIce young couple came to look at 6 week old puppies, ready to go in 3-4
weeks.. Puppies are healthy, beautiful, lively, loving and fearless. The sweet
young couple were concerned about the puppys' untying their immaculate
shoelaces, and the fact that they were "biting". The pups were mouthing,
sucking  on
their hands, kissing their hands and faces, and being totally normal. My
usual demeanor when people make comments like "they are biting", is to give a
good lecture on animals, dogs in particular, and these puppies personally. I
swallowed my tongue, and explained the difference between mouthing and biting.
told them they explore the world thru many senses, but they have no hands, no
 way to explore and do anything at all except with their little mouths. The
puppies (of course) never bit, never thought of biting and would have been
shocked and harmed at a reprimand. The wife finally "got it" and proceeded to
ignore the oral explorations of the pups, and never noticed it again. The tall
handsome husband who is in police training never put a hand on a pup. They
finally got it that it was futile to keep tying their shoelaces, and if they
cannot tolerate this, they maybe should not have a puppy. They took two
glorious  little girls out from the pack, to "observe them away from
littermates".
They  rolled them over on their backs.
The two little girls behaved very  admirably, protested for a minute, then
got up and galloped away, to explore.  They came back when called, with lots of
wiggles and kisses....
The nice young couple walked away. They are entitled. My question...when  you
show people what are among the very nicest puppies in the area, when the
facilities are decent, when the breeder is a relatively sane person with an
impeccable reputation...Why did they walk away? I know it has happened to every

breeder on this list. We shake our heads as they head on down the road to
someone who will "sell" them better than I can. Someone who will tell them what

they want to hear, and not the truth. Why do they walk away? (Haha, the real
question is why the hell should I care?)    Syd
SYD  MAILBERG 425-432-4144 NEW FRIESIAN PAINTING ON WEBSITE
23910 SE 276TH  ST MAPLE VALLEY, WA 98038
_http://www.kingswoodgermanshepherds.homestead.com_
(http://kingswoodgermanshepherds.homestead.com/)