[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Voting on the standard

  • From: Penny Kroh <farmdogforever@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: The List <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2014 17:00:02 -0400

I will attempt to answer your questions, as I have been a voting member of
the GSDCA since 1981.
Changes in the standard have been hashed and re-hashed for years.  People
are STRONG in their beliefs.  There is no conspiracy theory regarding these
changes among people who breed White GSDs or any other breeders of German
Shepherds,  no malevolent movement going on.  Reduced memberships have been
used to entice new members to our club.  I take no offense in this.  I can
give you an example.  I subscribe to DirecTV and pay for the NFL Sunday
Ticket, because I love professional football, especially The Buffalo Bills.
 It is expensive.  This year DirecTV is offering the NFL Sunday Ticket for
FREE to entice new subscribers.  Am I mad?  Of course not!  DirecTV is
using the NFL Sunday Ticket as a marketing ploy to get new subscribers.  (I
 see no difference in what our club has done.  Same animal.)
If you don't like this example and still think it isn't "fair" then I will
tell you something else:  LIFE ISN'T FAIR.  It is what it is.  I can also
say, make your feelings HEARD through your ballot; I know I certainly will.

Penny in NC
The Farm Dog Forever
Plum My Guardian
 You are only one so you can not answer this I would assume.   Why was this
GSDCA Breed Changes not made public to all members so they could have joined
in time for the voting on this?  Going behind the scenes of the white GSD
owners
and breeders as they had a membership drive to get new members so it
appears they knew
it was coming.  Would it not have been fairer to the members that paid full
membership price to
have been able to re-join for the half price too?  or the ones that did
join at the reduced price
would not vote be able to vote until they did pay full price dues for their
membership?  There were
GSDCA members that for unforeseen reasons that could not come up with the
money for the full price membership
last year so they are now being punished it seems.

Theresa
GSDCA Member

http://showgsd.org/mail.html