[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Voting on Rainbow standard

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "barbara17236@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx, farmdogforever@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2014 22:38:40 -0400 (EDT)

BTW - the WGSDCA allows factored (colored dogs with a white parent or a white
grandparent) to show with the WGSDCA.  The WGSDCI does the same.

Barb Hively - PA
DNA.  It's what makes a white, a German Shepherd

From: barbara17236@xxxxxxx [mailto:barbara17236@xxxxxxx]
To: marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx; edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx; farmdogforever@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Re: Voting on Rainbow standard

I say GO FOR IT.  I want to see pictures of the offspring.   So, in about
a year from now, you will have some pictures for me?
Barb Hively - PA
DNA.  It's what makes a white, a German Shepherd

Carolyn M. suggests we prove "Blue" on a liver bitch with a 'sno nose'.
Then we join the White GSDC International ( at full price of course )
and vote to change their Standard to accept Livers and blues.
After all..they aren't deaf and they can work and they DO have GSD DNA.
The non black nose might cause a problem at first.  But..changes can
always be made to accept them along with the yellow eyes and ring tails.
They've always been around from the beginning.....
Ours will be more rare than Joan's Rainbow Kennels and will NOT cause
any fading or washed out colors.
We can burn the Parent Club Mission Statement at our Grand Opening.

( PS.  IF Blue is a long coat...I'll ship the ice balls and stickers
to YOU!! ) ( Trust me....they'll STILL be intact and frozen... )

From: Penny Kroh  <farmdogforever@xxxxxxxxx>)
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Voting on the standard

I will  attempt to answer your questions, as I have been a voting member of
the  GSDCA since 1981.
Changes in the standard have been hashed and re-hashed  for years.  People
are STRONG in their beliefs.  There is no  conspiracy theory regarding these
changes among people who breed White GSDs  or any other breeders of German
Shepherds,  no malevolent movement  going on.  Reduced memberships have been
used to entice new members to  our club.  I take no offense in this.  I can
give you an  example.  I subscribe to DirecTV and pay for the NFL Sunday
Ticket,  because I love professional football, especially The Buffalo Bills.
It is  expensive.  This year DirecTV is offering the NFL Sunday Ticket  for
FREE to entice new subscribers.  Am I mad?  Of course  not!  DirecTV is
using the NFL Sunday Ticket as a marketing ploy to  get new subscribers.
 (I see no difference in what our club has  done.  Same animal.)
If you don't like this example and still think it  isn't "fair" then I will
tell you something else:  LIFE ISN'T  FAIR.  It is what it is.  I can also
say, make your feelings  HEARD through your ballot; I know I certainly will.

Penny in NC
The  Farm Dog Forever
Plum My  Guardian

is Copyrighted 2014.  All material remains the property of the original

kind

Each Author is responsible for the content of his/her post.  This group and
its
any
post.

MANNER