[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Voting by the numbers

  • From: "Daryl Lauffer" <daryllauffer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 12:26:56 -0700

Statistics are fun!  You can manipulate them to mean almost anything.  In
this case for example you could also say that 1/4 % of the membership (the
voting Board members) voted against 10% of the members.  I'm always very
leary of stats for just these reasons.
Dee Lauffer

Msg: #2 in digest
From: EKOLAN1@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 13:16:52 EST
Subject: Fwd: Voting by the numbers

In a message dated 2/26/2007 1:13:36 PM Eastern Standard Time, EKO LAN1
writes:

   This was sent to me I found it rather interesting.

You are a good guy for the numbers.....  If 324 members signed a  petition,
24 members wrote letters to the membership chairman, against  Hunte's
application, that would be 348 people against Hunte, there are about  3400
members in
the GSDCA, so those that objected to Hunte represents about  10 percent of
the
membership.  There were 17 votes at the Executive  meeting, 9 yes, 8 no.  10
percent would be 1.7 of the voting board  members present to represent the
10
percent that filed a complaint.   Would that mean that the membership was
handsomely represented by the board  with nearly 47 percent of the board
voting
against and 53 percent voting  for?

Find a local pizza place, movie theater, and more?.then map the best route!