[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Vitamin C

  • From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: sincagsd@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2007 14:37:23 EST

In a message dated 1/7/2007 11:19:53 A.M. Central Standard Time,
sincagsd@xxxxxxx writes:
We  have been using Calcium Ascorbate for over 25 years and it does seem to
work for us.  We especially start our puppies on it at a very young  age and
we have not had pano in such a very long time.  Now I am  not talking about
Vitamin C but Calcium Ascorbate.  I got this info  from a very old breeding
kennel that still is breeding  dogs.

We have been using pure sodium ascorbate....purest form of Vitamin C  you can
use and do find the same thing.   It does have trace  calcium and phosporus
in it.  There is a lab in London Ontario that  makes it and a local pharmacy
orders it for me when I am up there.   Comes in 2 kg tubs in a powdered form.
Have been using it since the  early 80's and have basically the same findings
as above with very tight  elasticity in white tissue.  Touch wood, but have
never had a downed  pastern in over 30 years of breeding.
Molly

Trillia  German Shepherds since 1974
Member GSDCA, GSDCC, GSDC of Beaumont,  Life member CKC
If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog  biscuits in your pocket
and then give him only two of  them>>>>Phil  Pastoret