[ SHOWGSD-L ] Virginia

  • From: Stormy Hope <stormy435@xxxxxxx>
  • To: freelist shepherd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2009 13:58:55 -0700

Those of us who knew Virginia share in Laura's sadness and grief at
Virginia's death.  Virginia had some very close friends,and Laura was
oneof them.  As Laura said, Virginia was a VERY private person and it
is unsurprising that few knew her, even though she has been in GSDs
for many, many years and a mainstay of the GSDCLA.

Laura, for those of us who didn't have the chance to share in the life
of the marvelous woman, maybe this would be a good time to tell us a
bit about her.  I probably am one of those people who knew OF
Virginia, saw her "around" the shows, but didn't even know a name to
put to a face until we started herding together.  I know that she was
a retired policewoman, and was a well respected one.  I would like our
memory of her to be one of getting to know her, rather than
"upsettness."

Laura, back to you.  This IS about GSDs and the GSD family.

Stormy