[ SHOWGSD-L ] Vets just don't get GSD's

  • From: murfamx4@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 14:40:38 -0500

I had to take my girl 7 mo. to the Vet Sat to get some antibiotics for an ear
infection.? She is 7 mo 2 weeks old weighs 65 lbs.? He proceeds to advise us
that she is way to light and we have to put some weight on her.? He wants us to
leave food out for her all day long.

? I told him that she is eating 2 1/2 to 3 cups twice a day.? His only response
was OH!? He then went out of his way to try to find any reason why she was "TO
THIN".?

?? When he found no reason for her being "TO THIN"?? I asked him if this was
the first high quality GSD he had ever seen?? I didn't even get an answer.?

?? The vet that owns the practice 3 weeks ago told us she was in great shape.?
He however takes care of a great many QUALITY GSDs.?

? I only took her to this vet to get the antibiotics.? I would never let this
guy or any of the other vets at this practice other than the owner ever do
anything other than shots.

? Why do these guys just not get it.? Do they see so few good GSD's that that
is what they are used to?

?

Glenn

Shaden Shepherds

More new features than ever.  Check out the new AIM(R) Mail ! -
http://webmail.aim.com