[ SHOWGSD-L ] Veterans in the Show Ring

  • From: "DOUG & PATTI CROSS" <chstormdog@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 11:43:47 -0500

Being the proud owner of the oldest Veteran Dog entered in this years
National (11-1/2 years) I have always had people cheer and applaud for
Storm. Sure Storm couldn't keep up with the "younger" Veterans but his heart
was in it. He enjoyed seeing that big ring and being handed off to a very
talented Junior Handler. Storm thought all the extra treats and attention
were wonderful. Some people did say he made them cry, including our judge.

I only had one person say to me, "why did you make that dog go in that big
ring and run"? Well, anyone that saw Storm up close could see he enjoyed
being there even though he couldn't move that well. Yes, the trip was a bit
much for him, and it took him a couple of days to recover but he is now back
to chasing his ball in the yard and laying on his couch. Oh, and tormenting
"little brother Jake".

This was indeed Storm's "Last Dance".

Thank you to all who applauded for Storm and wished him well. To know Storm
is to love him.

Storm never met an enemy or a cookie he didn't like.

Thank you for listening.

Patti & Doug