[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Veterans In The Show Ring

  • From: Gsdstyle@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 08:34:54 EST

This was a wonderful story.
We have also proudly taken our veterans for their 'one last time' moment,
either in the classes or in the honor parades, but I will say the people have
always clapped for all the veterans at those shows. It is so special to see
them
out there, and the veterans themselves always seem so happy and so proud of
being in the center of the ring again! It is such a great feeling both inside
the ring and outside watching these old guys and gals strut their stuff. It's
awesome.

I also believe that the veterans dog and bitch at the National should always
make the first cut. They deserve to be acknowledged for their health and
longevity, and the stamina and strength they display just by virtue of being in
the
ring and gaiting on more time around! Most people love to see them and
applaud these old guys because all of us, or most of us, know that our dogs
will be
a veteran way too soon. I have argued this with one judge, a judge who has
done our National. But I don't think this judge is the only one that lets the
veterans go in the first cut. It drives me nuts when I see them go out on the
first go-round. Now, I am not saying that they should go Select certainly, but
at
least give them their due, and let the spectators appreciate and enjoy them
one more time. IMHO, of course!

Pat
2X Select CH. BilMar's Here Comes Trouble OFA
www.gsdstyle.com