[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Veteran's Day Parade

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: michel@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 20:38:11 EST

God love you for doing this.

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC

In a message dated 11/10/2010 5:00:19 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
michel@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Tomorrow  on Nov. 11th , the Grand Canyon German Shepherd Dog Club will be
marching,  for the 10th year in a row, in the Veteranâ??s Day Parade in
Phoenix
AZ.
The theme of our entry is â??Honor the Military Working  Dogâ??.
A large number of the club members, with their GSD will be marching  on this
2-mile parade route, right in the middle of Phoenix.  We  usually have 50 to
60 dogs marching in the parade.
In addition several  people and dogs are flying in for the event.  In
particular Debbie  Kandoll, who has been a major voice in the Military
Working Dog Adoption  Program.
Local K9 handler veterans usually join us and if need be we  provide dogs
for
any Veteran, who does not have one, to walk in the  parade.
All in all this is a great event and we are very proud to  participate to
show appreciation for the military dogs.  Here is an  excerpt of what will
be
announced on the parade route, as we pass by the  various review stands:

"THE GRAND CANYON GERMAN SHEPHERD DOG CLUB MARKS  ITS 10TH YEAR IN THE
VETERANS DAY PARADE, WALKING TO REMEMBER THE COURAGE,  SACRIFICE AND LOYALTY
OF THE MILITARY CANINE.  JOINING THE CLUB THIS  YEAR ARE MEMBERS OF THE
PAPAGO LABRADOR RETRIEVER CLUB, DESERT VALLEY  DOBERMAN PINSCHER CLUB, THE
PHOENIX GUIDE DOG RAISERS, AND CHENIL DU  CHATEAU BELGIAN MALINOS.  THEY
WALK
TO REPRESENT THE FOUR MAJOR BREEDS  WHO HAVE SERVED THIS COUNTRY:  THE
GERMAN
SHEPHERD DOG - THE STALWART  OF THE CANINE CORPS; THE DOBERMAN PINSCHER -
PRIDE OF THE MARINES IN WORLD  WAR TWO; THE LABRADOR RETRIEVER - FAMED FOR
TRACKING, PATROL AND BOMB  DETECTION IN VIETNAM AND NOW AFGHANISTAN, AND THE
BELGIAN MALINOIS, THE NEW  KID ON THE BLOCK.   WE ARE ALSO PROUD TO HAVE IN
ATTENDANCE  DEBBIE KANDOLL WHO IS A NATIONAL SPOKESPERSON FOR THE  MILITARY
WORKING DOG ADOPTION PROGRAM.  DEBBIE  IS WALKING WITH  HER RETIRED MILITARY
WORKING DOG BINO, SERVICE NUMBER C152.  WITH HER  IS RETIRED MILITARY CANINE
ALEX, H116, AND ARMY VET TECH LOUISA VAUGHN WITH  HER RETIRED MILITARY
CANINE
CHEF, SERVICE NUMBER H067.  THE MILITARY  CANINE HAS SAVED COUNTLESS LIVES
IN
COMBAT SITUATIONS AND WORKS  JUST  AS LOYALLY AS THEIR HUMAN PARTNERS  TO
PROTECT THE PEACE.  PLEASE  ACKNOWLEGE THESE GREAT PEOPLE AND THEIR CANINES
FOR THEIR CONTRIBUTIONS TO  "DEFENDING FREEDOM, PROTECTING DREAMS."

I will be marching with my own  Ch Woodside CK Jericho Stoneway.

Michel  Ebertin
Member of GCGSDC and  GSDCA

 is Copyrighted 2010.  All material remains the property of the

expressed in any post.

NATIONAL  BLOG -  http://gsdnational.blogspot.com/