[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: : Valley Fever

  • From: "J. Mendelsohn" <judsohngsd@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ELG440@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 17:02:48 -0700

living in Arizona I have had 2 males with Valley Fever(not at the same
time)...I also traveled back and forth to Mexico for the meds.....One of the
males was 8-9 months old when he got Valley Fever, either the valley fever
or the meds left him sterile......Both dogs were on meds for 6 months....my
other male had valley fever in his joints and his feet and legs were
swollen, and both dogs had no appetite from the Valley Fever and were sort
of nausious from the meds....aside from the valley fever meds they were put
on pred.  i sure would like to know a documented case that showed signes of
recovery in a week
What a mess....I hope never to have another dog with valley fever
Judy
judsohngsd@xxxxxxx