[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Vale, Dorothy Nickles

  • From: VDanhoffer@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 19:36:20 EDT

The all breed world lost quite a lady today.  My one  regret is that I
never got to show to her in obedience.  I heard she was a  great obedience
judge, too.

I always made a point to sit with Dorothy for a few minutes  whenever we
were at the same show.  A few years ago, I told her about my  first experience
showing to her.  My dog was out of coat.  Dorothy  took her hand and back
brushed his coat, then looked at me.....she repeated the  action......back
brushed, then looked.  She chuckled and said, "But you  knew what I was
saying, didn't you?!!!"

She was scheduled to judge BIS here in September.  I was  really looking
forward to seeing her again.  Now, I am sad and this show  will not be the
same.

Can y'all imagine the dogs who were waiting for her at the  Bridge!!!  We
have lost a great lady and judge, but at the Bridge they are  having one heck
of a show!!!

I will miss her.

Barbie Balyeat
SAR Liaison GSDCA