[ SHOWGSD-L ] VERY BIG WAKE UP CALL

  • From: Helen Franklin <helenfranklin520@xxxxxxx>
  • To: SHOWGSD-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2012 21:11:26 -0400 (EDT)

On June 14, 1987, twenty-five years ago, I judged Dogs and Intersex
at the Northeastern Region National Futurity/Maturity Show hosted by
Baystate German Shepherd Dog Club.  Mary Ann Imhoff did Bitches.
THE ENTRY WAS 241......THE ENTRY WAS 241.
Look at our Futurities today!  Look at our shows today!  That's three
generations of dogs plummeting downwards.  (To pat my fat fanny a
little, my BIM later went GV, and that means 3 of my futurity winners went
GV & GVX). Back to reality, we need to:
Change the shows so that owners can exhibit and win.
Get rid of the extreme gaiting, it's not necessary for a trained eye anyway.
Make it FUN for new people and families.
Make it FUN for old people with arthritis.
MAKE IT FUN so people will return and want to exhibit.
HELEN FRANKLIN