[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: VA rankings? Last minute change...????

  • From: "Rbuffdogs ." <rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Mary-Anne <versatilegsds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2013 13:45:16 -0700

No Sieger, Siegerin or VAs:
Here's a rough German to English translation of the rule change:
The improvement of the current conditions in the breeding of the German
Shepherd Dog is not only the responsibility of the Federal Breed Warden but
also the personal concern of the newly elected breed warden, Lothar Quoll.
For the duration of his term, he has introduced 5 principal aspects which
are already being worked on:

1) Health/Agility of the GSD
2) Return to the standard size
3) Broadening of the bloodline basis (gene pool) and reduction of inbreeding
4) Promotion of working ability
5) Opposition to the trend of breeding of “cookie cutter dogs” (all looking
the same).

These aspects or topics are closely intertwined, and therefore the
evaluations of these goals have to be coordinated. The determination (the
will) to change was reflected in the various resolutions of the 2013
General Assembly in regard to strict health prerequisites for the highest
honors (evaluations/placements). Included in the overall health of the
breed is a widening of the gene pool with reduction in inbreeding.
Experience in the recent past has shown that even though the quality is
nearly equal in the VA-rated dogs, the breeders often are guided by the
relative placements within that VA group. The resulting limitation of the
bloodline base is contradictory to the breeding diversity of the
organization and is therefore not conducive to the health of the German
Shepherd Dog. Due to these reasons, the SV board has decided to forgo the
Sieger/Siegerin titles in the working (titled adult stock-coat) classes of
males and females at the Bundessieger Zuchtschau and to not rate the
individual dogs in the previously usual placements (VA-1, 2, etc.) within
the VA-group. Therefore, in the next Bundessiegerzuchtschauen, VA dogs will
be announced and enter the stadium in catalogue-number order.
Your SV Office "

All VA placings are only listed as "VA" no rank.

*http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com*
*Updated: June 2013*
*CH. Elvaston's Nations Cup TC, 26 BOBs
CH. Victory's Leviathan