[ SHOWGSD-L ] VA Specialties - An Outsiders View

  • From: barbara17236@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 11:23:08 -0400 (EDT)

Sunday, I attended the VA Specialty with my white boy, Bodhi.   I was meeting
up with Patti Cross for a day of dog show fun.  The last GSD Specialty I
attended was back in the early 90s.

Everyone seemed to be having fun and socializing with each other during the
show.  The GSDCA Membership person, Dania, approached me and asked if I was a
GSDCA member.  I told her I was.

I had several people come up and give me great compliments on my boy.  One
person was Frank Fasano!   One cannot say the GSDCA Officers are not doing
their part to make people feel welcomed at the shows.   I recognized several
handlers, from the GSD Review,  and went up to them and introduced myself.  All
seemed very nice.

The double-handling was not out of control, like in the early 90s, when you
could be knocked over if you sat by the ring.  Actually, I found it rather
entertaining to watch the folks outside the ring sweating more than the
handlers.

Lots of young pups were being socialized outside of the ring.  This is a good
thing.  I thought the temperaments were very good on all of the GSDs.

Would I ever own a "show" GSD and attend the shows?  Yep, but it would to be a
good one.  A nice one like Best of Breed, Dexter, would get me hooked.

Barb Hively - PA
DNA.  It's what makes a white, a German Shepherd