[ SHOWGSD-L ] VA... Federation meets...get involved

  • From: Stormy Hope <Stormy435@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx list" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 08:09:39 -0700

-- Please forward to appropriate email lists --

It is time to get involved, Virginia dog breeders -- we need you!

The Virginia Federation of Dog Clubs and Breeders meets this Sunday.
September 13, at the Doubletree Inn in Charlottesville -- directions
below.
The meeting is at 1:00 pm in the Giogio room off the main lobby. If
you're a
member of the dog fancy, you are welcome to attend, whether you are your
club's delegate or not. (And we accept individual memberships as well as
club memberships)

Purebred dogs are under attack and the days of letting someone else
handle
it are over. Do you know what has been happening in our state
recently? We
will be discussing the animal rights climate in Virginia, what is
going on
in the rest of the country, what you can do to help preserve your
rights to
own and breed dogs. On a personal level, we'll talk about how to avoid
trouble and what to do if animal control comes to your door. Please join
us! Clubs, please be sure your delegate or alternate attends this very
important meeting.

Also, the 2009 dog show calendar will be available, so bring your clubs'
orders. Remember, the calendar is the Federation's primary source of
revenue and we are fighting for your dogs!

Sharyn Hutchens
Co-Legislative Liaison
VFDCB

FROM INTERSTATE 66 (WASHINGTON, DC):

Go West Route 29 South in Gainesville. (Exit 43) Note: This is the
second
exit for Route 29 South on Interstate 66 coming from Washinton, DC. On
Route
29, approximately 1.5 miles before you reach the Charlottesville city
limits
you will cross the South Fork Rivanna River Bridge. After crossing the
bridge, turn right at the first traffic light onto Hilton Heights Road.

FROM INTERSTATE 64:

Take exit 118-B. This exit will put you directely on the Route 29 North
Bypass. You will stay on the bypass approximately 4.5 miles. The 29
Bypass
will merge with the 250 Bypass, you will remain on the 29 Bypass until
you
see a sign for Washington, DC and 29 North. This exit will be on your
right
hand side. Take it and you will be directely on Route 29 North.
Continue 3.5
miles, the Doubletree Hotel is located on the left (Hilton Heights Road)
beside Sam's Club and Wal-Mart.

Sharyn Hutchens
Timbreblue Whippets -- http://www.timbreblue.com