[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Urban Myth or for True ?????????????

  • From: Fran Henry <fhenry1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Gsdbroon@xxxxxxx>, showgsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 22:34:56 -0600

THIS IS A HOAX!!! =20

Sorry for shouting . . . This is a hoax.

http://www.snopes.com/crime/warnings/perfume.asp

These things are SO easy to check before posting online. Go to
www.snopes.com, and type in a description of the incident. Bingo.

I am submitting this humbly because just recently, I got duped and posted
and was SOOOOO embarrassed. It can happen to anyone. BUT, if it's something
that should be posted immediately to save others from harm . . . It's
probably spam.

YMMV

Fran
--=20
I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious
cult.=20
                  =20
Rita Rudner=20

=A0

On 6/2/06 10:20 PM, "Gsdbroon@xxxxxxx" <Gsdbroon@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> [...]
>=20
> The men continued to  stand between parked cars, I guess to wait for some=
one
> else to hit on. I stopped  a lady going towards them, pointing at them an=
> told her about how I was sent an  e-mail at work about someone walking up=
> you=20
> at the malls or in parking lots  and asking you to SNIFF PERFUME that the=
y are
> selling at a cheap price or at  least compare to which one you like best.
>=20
> THIS IS NOT PERFUME...IT IS  ETHER!
> When you sniff it, you'll pass out. They'll take your wallet, your  valua=
bles
> and heaven knows what else. If it were not for this e-mail, I probably  w=
ould
> have sniffed the 'perfume' but thanks to the generosity of an e-mailing
> friend, I was spared whatever might have happened to me.
>=20
> I wanted to do the same for  you.
>=20
> PLEASE PASS THIS ALONG TO ALL YOUR WOMEN FRIENDS AND PLEASE  BE
> ALERT AND BE AWARE. IF YOU ARE A MAN AND RECEIVE THIS, PASS IT ON TO  YOU=
> WOMEN FRIENDS.
>=20
> Ladies, this happened to me yesterday and I didn't  smell the perfume eit=
her,
> thanks to this email. This is true.  Believe me, I know.  I was over by B=
ig
> Lots in the parking lot  at lunchtime when I was approached. So either da=
y or
> night, it does not matter.  There were 3 guys together when I was approac=
hed.
> I=20
> called the police when  I got back to my desk.
>=20
> FAMILY, CO-WORKERS, whomever. It helped  me. The first thing that  popped
> into my head was this e-mail warning.
> viv
> =20
> Vivian Brown
> Santa Ana  CA
>=20
> =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D
> POST is Copyrighted 2006.  All material remains the property of the origi=
nal
> author and of GSD Communication, Inc. NO REPRODUCTIONS or FORWARDS of any=
 kind
> are permitted without prior permission of the original author  AND of the
>=20
> PERMISSION OF ALL PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE LIST MANAGEMENT IS EXPRESSL=
> FORBIDDEN, AND IS A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF THIS PROHIBITION WILL =
BE