[ SHOWGSD-L ] Update!!!! sorry...kinda long..

  • From: Dawn Restuccia <windwych@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 12:26:38 -0700 (PDT)

  With the sun shining, we welcomed Blake HOME AT LAST!!!! Thank you to all
those who helped him along his way; literally at deaths door in an Augusta
Georgia kill facility! Our heartfelt thanks go out to.... Wilene Colvin from
Stars Rescue for stepping up to the plate and pulling him, even tho her husband
was in ICU in the hospital at the time....to Pauline Moon for transporting him
to Jarnees in Hendersonville North Carolina...To Barb and Mark Hefner for
bringing him up to Hancock NH....all 90 pounds of him!!....to Jan Weatherbee
for taking him home, sprucing him up and giving him love while he waited for
his new "Dad"...(Blake succeded in scaling Jan's 6 foot chain link kennel; this
dog is the consumate escape artist!) and to Joanne Conboy for showing
compassion to a back yard bred GSD who had no where else to turn. There is a
saying, "Many hands make light work"....I am SURE Blake would like to thank you
all!
  As of 9:30 this morning, he was with his new furever Dad, Tom....who was VERY
happy with his new boy! There are still alot of scalding marks on him (they
dont remove the dogs in these facilities when they disinfect the kennels, so
they end up laying in the chemical and getting burns) and he is recovering from
a bout of hot spots....but I am sure they are nothing that love and a soft bed
wont heal.
 And in other news, a great day was had by all at the Bay State Specialty!
Thank you to Tami and her husband Chris and their beautiful GSDs for making the
trek down and giving us the opportunity to see what love can do!!  Thanks to
all who came by our table to say hi or to make a donation....The "Hips for
Honey" campaign continues in full force and if anyone on the list would like to
help, please contact Pat DeChick at GSRCNY. She would be most pleased to tell
you Honeys story! Thank you Pat for your dedication to the breed!
 Please keep those who society has forgotten in your prayers tonight...and
think of Blake..the dog that no one wanted, making a VERY long and circuitious
journey to find that one forever person. We CAN make a difference....when we
all work together....saving one German Shepherd at a time!
Dawn Restuccia and the Cape Cod Crew

Dorothy, and no this aint Kansas