[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Update on the dog fight

  • From: LauraEG@xxxxxxx
  • To: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx, GrnRam415@xxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 19:14:21 EST

In a message dated 12/18/2006 6:52:18 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx writes:

I've  had it happen too many times where someone owning a smallish dog  lets
them run up to larger dogs, yapping, out of control.  So far my  dogs  have
been
saints, but where is it written that they have to be,  or that they  always
will be?  Pet peeve...out of control  yappers at the vet's office  whose
owners
think it's "cute".

We were traveling to Florida one year, stopped for gas, and to walk our CH
O.J., our dog was on lead, a lady in another car opened her door and out flew
two Pekinese, they both came after O.J., I knew if "J" bit one I would be
responsible for one of those little dogs, the only shining moment in this was
the owner yelled at me to "kick" her dogs, I really didn't want to do that, and

kept my dog moving in fast circles, we obviously weren't going to out run the
 little yappers, so I reared back with my right foot to kick them away from
O.J.,  and about the time I should have connected with the shoulder of one of
the Peks,  the owner was reaching for her dog, and I kicked the pudding out of
her.   Somehow, I got satisfaction from that.  I put my dog in his crate until
she  corralled her little heathens, and then took him for his well deserved
walk.

Laura in Chesapeake