[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Update on 2.2.2.2

  • From: "David Fritsche" <d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: targa50@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 15:25:01 -0700 (PDT)

> I'm sure I will think of other things as this progresses....put on your
> thinking caps....there are all kinds of things we can do to help.  I am
> trying to think of things that won't jeopardize a clubs budget.
>
> Pat Lukos

Good ideas Pat.....
Here are some ideas from my past.....

1. Define the area in which the rescue effort is taking place.

2. Define the wealthy people, animal activists, and popular politicians in
that area.

3. Approach a few of the wealthy and tell them that you are having a fund
raiser for the effort, asking them to support a fund raising banquet.

4. Once the banquet is funded, ask several other people to sponsor a table
at the banquet - of say 8 or 10 people and to invite their freinds to fill
their table.  (The firends are then free) Objective: Free banquet!

5. Get a famous person and a good speaker to come and speak and ask for
money.

6. If you ask people for $10.00 at such an event, they will be offended.
If you ask them for a million they will be flattered. So you ask for a
lot. You can set out gift levels with certificates or rewards of some sort
back. For everyone who gives $10,000 a year - their name is on a bronze
plaque at the local animal shelter, or some other such honor visible to
the community.

7. Invite the press and treat them like royalty! Whither they deserve it
or not, they like it. They have egos you know!

8. Give away free tickets on local radio and TV shows - limit four per
station (but give them 8 instead). Let them have contests for the tickets
and get the word out.

9. Make TV and radio public service announcements, but do not mail them -
hand carry them to the public service director (every station has one).

10. Make a big ribbon going from zero to $100,000.00 or what ever figure
you have in mind and as the fund raising banquet moves along, raise the
ribbon and lead the crowd in clapping and cheering... Enthusiasm!

11. Send followup letters to everyone who contributed and put them on your
mailing list.

12. Send out a monthly newsletter with pictures and stories. I cry every
time Diablo Valley Rescue does their parade of rescues and tell the
stories.

13. Keep the people who responded on your team and let them be the base
for a bigger event next year.

Fund raising is not easy, but it can be fun.
Dave