[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Update on 2.2.2.2

  • From: "Pat Lukos" <targa50@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windwych@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 16:43:18 -0400

I am willing to get involved in this endeavor, not only to help Dawn, but to
help the GSDs that need us.

One idea that I thought of is that our regional clubs should get actively
involved in supporting what Dawn has relentlessly taken upon....our main
goal should be fundraising.

Many regional clubs have 50/50 raffles at their shows.  Why not donate 25%
of the clubs "take" on these raffles????  It may only be $10, $20,
$30....but if all regional clubs would do this, we would well be on our way
to helping the abused, neglected and needy of our beloved breed.

Or, perhaps when the regional club prepares its budget for the year, put an
item amount in for "rescue"....doesn't need to be much that it would hurt
the club in continuing their mission....just something to let "rescue" know
that the regional club "cares".

I'm sure I will think of other things as this progresses....put on your
thinking caps....there are all kinds of things we can do to help.  I am
trying to think of things that won't jeopardize a clubs budget.

Pat Lukos
Sarava German Shepherds