[ SHOWGSD-L ] Update on 2.2.2.2

  • From: Dawn Restuccia <windwych@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 12:54:39 -0700 (PDT)

It was pointed out to me that perhaps everyone on the list does not know my
part in all of the rescues that have come about in the last few months. I would
like to take a moment to clarify what my contribution to all of this has been.
1. I try to sift thru the petfinder sites to find GSDs who are CRITICAL, call
the shelter or the contact person and ask it they can hold the dog while I try
to find someone to rescue it.
2. find someone to rescue the dog! This means someone  actually GOING to the
shelter, and pulling the dog and fostering for however long it takes to get the
dog into either LONG term foster or a Rescue or a forever home. I do not
"rescue" per se...I merely facilitate the rescue.
3. I post the needy furkid to this list and let you all know the finances that
might be required to save his/her life. You guys have been phenomenal in your
donations and because of you, MANY dogs are now out of the risk of the gas
chamber. Bravo!!
4. Set up transport by either posting the dogs needs to the list or going thru
a transport coordinator (Carolyn Brickner is the one I am hoping to learn this
from) to get the dog to its recieving rescue/home/foster.
  The money that has been donated to this effort in the past has gone for food,
gas, vetting, pull fees, or board for many dogs as well as the occasional
donation to GSROC or in the instance of Blake, to Jarnee to help for the food
as he was there for a month.
  While we have gotten quite a bit in donation money, if this idea were to
really come to fruition, the figure would be quite a bit higher. For THIS
reason and for practical reasons (my health or potential vacation, or a down
computer line) we NEED another person or persons on this account. Preferably
one other from the east coast, one from the mid west and one from the west
coast. It IS a check and balance system, with no one person making the decision
to access the money....it would require at least 2 people to agree. In that
way, should one of us no longer be able to handle the emotional or physical
strain, there is someone else who is skilled and has the ability to continue
this on. No one lives forever; and I want this to continue long after my
crossing over. This is something of a legacy we can leave for those that we
love so much.
This being said, is there anyone out there would like to participate? We could
potentially raise as much as 20,000$ a year for these dogs! If that were to
occur, we would be well on our way to a SANCTUARY as then with time we would
have enough money to BUY some acreage!!
Journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step....we have taken that
step...let the journey now begin!
Dawn Restuccia

Dorothy, and no this aint Kansas