[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Update: Reverse 911

  • From: Becky <zarniwoop1973@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showlist <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 15:01:12 -0700 (PDT)

Well, I'm not at all convinced now that the lion doesn't come from the big cat
sanctuary - from some comments made by locals, this sort of thing has happened
before, and the sanctuary owner swore the cat didn't come from him....they only
have 105 or so big cats there.  (And I thought *I* had it tough coming up with
enough raw food for my dogs!)

Oh, and now that there's a picture of the cat available, and the authorities
can't find the actual animal, they've decided it's probably a Great Pyrenees.
Funny, the picture doesn't look like one.  It doesn't even look like a Tibetan
Mastiff.  But surely, all those simple country folk who saw the critter don't
know the difference between a dog and lion!? <t-i-c>

Since the direction the cat was last seen was, in fact, back toward the
sanctuary, it might be interesting to sit and watch the sanctuary tonight.
I've got better things to do - like enjoy my dogs and horses.  I think I'll
leave everyone inside except under supervision for a while.  I imagine this may
be a bit of a joke to my co-workers tomorrow, but I think I'll play it safe
with my animals even so.

Becky
in the savannah-like non-green part of Colorado