[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Upcoming judge - difference of opinion

  • From: Barb Hahn <ccceditor@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 11:50:54 -0700 (PDT)

Lee Brown wrote:
> Not only sarcastic but a little unfair to Linda.
> There is always two sides to a story. When did this
> happen?  The only show LInda judged in Florida this
> year was in Brooksville in January and she did the
> sporting breeds. Since we are still in the herding
> group I don't think she judged GSDS.
> Could it be that Tom has her confused with another
> judge?
> She is not on the list to defend herself and I think
> it is unfair to find her guilty as charged without
> her being able to defend herself.

What I see happening here is one of the reasons I am
less than enchanted with the dog show world.

The club involved is likely to suffer financially
because of this thread. They chose a judge based on
the information available to them at the time and now
when the show is underway they get body slammed!

The seed is planted that the judge is less than fair.
The judge in question has had her reputation damaged.

This reminds me so much of the blowup about one of the
judges at Detroit Kennel Club this year. It did effect
the entry, but unfortunately the club involved had
already signed the contracts and got caught in the
middle much as the current club involved in the
discussion. Really showed them <sarcasm> not to hire
that judge. I watched him judge and saw none of
whatever the problem was on that day.

Is there not a procedure to complain about judges
directly to AKC? If things were so bad, did anybody do
anything about it at the time?

And we wonder why nobody wants to join our clubs, show
at any dog shows or have anything to do with
conformation shows in general!!!!!

Barb Hahn

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs